Friday, July 30, 2010

Lima Peru

As promised, here is the wonderful pic of the ladies in Peru receiving their necklaces. I was told that some of them were so happy they were crying and kissing them. I am sorry that I did not get a chance to post the before and after pics- as I did take pictures of the process. I do not have those pictures loaded yet though. There were 150 of the necklaces given out in Peru and I am told the rest will be going to Boliva shortly. How exciting is that! I am so happy to be able to be used by God to bless these women. I look forward to possibly being able to do this again sometime. It was a great opportunity. I would like to encourage other beaders to find a worthy cause to contribute to as well. It is a great way to get your art, as well as your talent, out there. It also will make you feel great to be able to help someone else. This too was "out of the box" for me. That was the purpose of the Bead Soup exchange. It was to push us to try something new and this certainly was one way to accomplish that. Joining the Bead Soup Blog "club" has opened up many new doors for me. It has taken my beading to a whole new level. I wish I could afford to quite my day job and just persue my passion. Perhaps one day God will open that door for me as well.



1 comment: