Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pretty Party Time!

Today is party time for the second reveal of Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party The bead soup blog party is where beaders can sign up for the party. Then the wonderful Lori Anderson takes all of those names (hundreds of them) and picks a partner she feels is a good fit for us. That is a huge task in itself. Then we get to pick out a wonderful collection of "soup" for our partner. It must include a focal and a nice clasp. Then we mail them to our partner on a set date. We then make something out of these new beads- which are usually not something we would have bought ourselves. This causes us to put on our thinking caps and stretch our minds to come up with a beautiful piece of wearable art. This time around my partner is Chris Eisenberg. You can find her blog here: http://www.wanderware.blogspot.com/ First I would like to show you the great soup she sent me, then I will show you what I made with it. Usually I am most fond of beadweaving and I am having some hand problems right now so I have not been able to do that much so this set lends itself to mostly stringing. I did however make some beaded beads out of the bugles she sent me. I have not really used bugles in the past so I really had to give that some thought. I really wanted to make a pretty spiral but my hand would not allow for that much work at this time. The beads that look like Mother of Pearl beads are from my own stash. I feel they went very well with her soup. I have not used all of the wonderful goodies she sent me as I am saving them for when I can do more beadweaving. I have a necklace I have been wanting to make that I will use the green drops for. How did she know I have been wanting to try a particular pattern for a while, I will never know. Lime green is my favorite color so she was spot on with those lovely drops. I also am savoring the prayer box as that was a special addition just for me since she knows prayer is important to me. I appreciate all of her prayers and support through this issue with my hand with pending surgery. Again Lori has done a super awesome job of picking the right partner for me this time around. You can check out the rest of the party here: http://lorianderson-beadsoupblogparty.blogspot.com/ I hope you enjoyed what I have done with my soup! Don't forget to check out my partner! Happy Hopping!!

36 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love the button clasp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, I love the necklace you made. I can't wait to see your bugle-beaded beadwork as well. Take care of your hand and send us more goodiness soon. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work you are so talented...I loved all your pieces and can't wait to see those to come. bye for now and Happy beading http://jaacquelinesjewels.blogspot.com/2013/03/bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how simple yet elegant your design is! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, simple but elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a really lovely job with your soup beads. Well done!
    xx Ren @ Renlish.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and simple, very nice. Good luck with your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job, I love the mix of pink and green!! ~KM
    1st reveal - http://kraftymax.blogspot.com/2013/03/7th-bead-soup-blog-party-reveal-33013.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color combo, so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful work, great color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like what you did with your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made a beautiful and elegant set. Good luck to your operation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you the very best with your hand. Oh and glad you gave bugles a try. I love them to make seed beading easier from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the soup you got, and your creations are truly works of art! :)

    I'll be saying a special prayer for you and your hand that all goes well with surgery.

    <3,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made a really lovely set. I like how you made a beaded clasp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a lovely job, very pretty jewelry. Wishing you good luck with your hand and the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nicely done. Here's hoping your hand is feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice - love the color combo! And, I too hope your had feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really love the colors - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun Alice! Doesn't Lori have this special 6th sense for partnering (amongst her other gifts) I hope your hand will be back on track quickly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery and I wish you a full and quick recovery.

    I am stunned that you were able to work with a hurt hand. You're a trooper & nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pink really catches my eye. Simple yet elegant I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute pieces! Sorry to hear your hands are keeping you from beadweaving, but it's nice to play with stringing now and then, isn't it? Particularly when you have such pretty beads to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice I also share with you something hope this helpful for you my friends. You will have many decisions to make and an infinite number of details to arrange. Tri-County Rental can help you create the wedding of your dreams. From table settings to tents, renting is easy and affordable. Check it out thanks.
    Party Rentals st.pete

    ReplyDelete
  25. Considering your problems with your hands, your work was pretty and I know my former partner wants to get back to her wonderful beadweaving. I am praying that will be very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These colors make me think of spring irises (which are up everywhere right now!).

    I'm so glad you joined the party again, and I'm so sorry I was late to my own event. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete